Impington Village College (IVC)
Teacher of German with French (Key Stage 3-5)
Required: September 2023
Salary: Main Scale / Upper Pay Scale
Join East Anglia’s “State Secondary School of the Year”
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading comprehensive schools, recently ranked third nationally in the Sunday Times’ ParentPower publication for the second year running. Due to the continued expansion of the College and a series of internal promotions, we are looking to recruit an outstanding and passionate Teacher of German, preferably with French or Italian although exceptional candidates offering other languages would also be considered. We would particularly welcome applications from teachers with at least two years’ experience who are looking for a new challenge and for the support and coaching needed to prepare for middle and senior leadership roles. At IVC we offer our staff:
• 20% PPA as standard (the equivalent of one day per week), with generous further reductions in non-contact for leaders and early career teachers
• Interventions, revision sessions and enrichment timetabled as part of your weekly teaching load
• A genuinely flexible approach to timetabling, including the possibility to work from home and late starts/early finishes to suit you and your family
• Weekly timetabled CPD with your department, avoiding unnecessary twilight sessions and protected from cover, and the chance to work collaboratively in a friendly and dynamic environment
• Reduced duties to ensure that staff get breaks during the day, with free tea and freshly brewed coffee provided daily
• An annual paid family day, as well as the possibility to arrange term-time leave by negotiation
• A very generous CPD budget, with a commitment to supporting further study and leadership development
• Countless opportunities for progression both within the school and the wider Trust
• Leaders who are supportive and approachable, who focus on finding solutions and enabling staff to thrive in order to help our students achieve their best
• An on-site gym and sports centre with a substantial staff discount and the chance to use facilities during the College day
• A recruitment and retention allowance of £3000 per year for exceptional candidates
Languages outcomes at IVC are consistently among the highest nationally for both attainment and progress, with the majority of students taking at least one language at GCSE from a choice of five, and a healthy number of students taking two languages. This post also offers the opportunity to teach at IB level, where Language Acquisition is a core part of the Diploma Programme for all students, and where outcomes are well in excess of the national and international averages.
You will also be joining us at an incredibly exciting time, as we enter our third year of the IB Middle Years Programme at Key Stage 3, and become the first 11-18 state school in the UK to offer three IB programmes. As part of our international ethos, you can expect to have the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of extra-curricular activities and trips; the faculty recently benefitted from a grant of over £1million towards overseas visits, awarded to the College as part of the Turing Scheme, and the College holds the British Council International School Award.
You will be joining an innovative, collaborative and dynamic faculty where staff are highly committed to professional development, engaging with the latest pedagogical research and to developing students' love of languages. It is a large and growing faculty and you will be very well supported by a number of highly experienced colleagues. There will be numerous opportunities to continue developing your teaching practice, through a range of in-house and external CPD programmes.
With your knowledge and passion for languages you will have the opportunity to build upon the successful curriculum embedded at IVC and deliver a high quality learning experience to our inspirational students.
Impington also benefits from being part of the Eastern Learning Alliance (ELA). ELA offer a sector leading staff benefits package alongside bespoke, high quality CPD programmes, cross-trust events, and exceptional opportunities for career development within our innovative family of schools. This includes healthcare, car, mobile phone and laptop payment plans, access to private GP services, physiotherapy and mental health support, discounts and access to ticket ballots for high profile events.
Our Trust is committed to equal opportunities, to safeguarding and the promotion of the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All staff are expected to share this commitment and undergo the appropriate checks. All positions within the Trust are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references along with a Certificate of Good Conduct if applicable. Only applications submitted on using the ELA application form will be accepted. We do not accept applications by CV.
We warmly invite interested candidates to attend a candidate Open Morning at the College on Tuesday 9th May between 8.30 and 10am. There will be a chance to meet senior leaders and the Executive Headteacher, and to go on a tour of the College. If you would like to attend, or wish to arrange an alternative time to visit, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find the link to our school Safeguarding policy: https://www.impington.cambs.sch.uk/policies/
Why work for ELA:
CLOSING DATE- Friday 19th May
Interviews Tuesday 23rd May – we reserve the right to interview candidates prior to these dates.