Teacher of Maths (Maternity Cover / Second in Maths TLR also available) – HC Secondary Phase
Eagle Way, Hampton Vale, Peterborough, PE7 8BF
Hampton College is an established, successful, all-through school, which formed its own multi-academy trust (Hampton Academies Trust – HAT) in 2014. The Trust is also the education provider for the neighbouring secondary school, Hampton Gardens School and Hampton Lakes Primary School, which opened in September 2019. In 2020, Dogsthorpe Infant School joined our trust. HAT schools have very close links and some shared staff.
Hampton College currently serves the community of Hampton, on the southern outskirts of the city of Peterborough and has good links to Cambridge and Stamford. Hampton Gardens School serves the neighbouring Cambridgeshire village of Yaxley, as well new housing being added to the Hampton East development, where Hampton Lakes Primary School is located.
Required September 2023
TEACHER OF MATHS
(Maternity Cover for up to one year / Second in Maths TLR also available for the right candidate)
We are looking for an imaginative and enthusiastic Teacher of Maths to join the team on a temporary basis to cover a period of maternity leave, for up to one year. This is a great opportunity for an experienced teacher or an Early Career Teacher looking to start their career in teaching. Please note, there is also an opportunity for a TLR as Second in Maths. If this role is of interest to you, please specify this in your letter of application.
You should be a reflective practitioner, interested in developing your practice and trying out new strategies in your teaching. You will already be, at least, a competent user of ICT, and happy to learn more. Above all, we wish to appoint a teacher who is determined to create an excellent department and one keen to develop excellent relationships with students and staff.
You will have a passion for working with young people and you will relish the satisfaction that comes from helping them to develop and to learn. The successful candidate will, of course, be an important part of the department and can expect the support needed to develop their career further but will also be expected to:
• Possess the ability to inspire and motivate, and who have a passion for teaching and learning.
• Have consistently high expectations with the drive to help all students achieve their full potential.
• Be an exceptional team player and who enjoys supporting and working collaboratively with others.
• Have the skill to form positive relationships for learning with all staff, students and parents.
• Share our vision to deliver outstanding education for children and young adults and the commitment to make a difference to outcomes and achievements of all our students.
What we can offer you in return:
• A fantastic working environment where students are enthusiastic and want to learn. All our Hampton schools have modern buildings, and all HAT sites have light and airy classrooms, outstanding facilities and are situated at the heart of the community.
• We value our staff and recognise the importance of providing ongoing training opportunities. As a growing Trust we are also able to offer opportunities for promotion and fresh challenges as new roles arise regularly within the Trust.
• Our active Staff Wellbeing Group creates an effective channel for staff to be heard and underpins our commitment to cultivating a supportive working environment which allows staff to flourish and achieve their full potential.
• Our extensive induction programme supports staff every step of the way, and our buddy system gives new staff a supportive and knowledgeable mentor.
• Full access to the Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme, which is designed to help staff deal with any personal or professional problems. Staff have access to free legal advice, medical information, counselling sessions, online self-help tools, factsheets and the wellbeing portal.
For further details, please visit the HAT website: http://www.hamptonacademiestrust.org.uk/jobs/
Closing date: 9.00am on Tuesday 23 May 2023
Please note that we reserve the right to interview and appointment prior to the closing date.
Hampton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).