Hampton Gardens School
Hartland Avenue, Hampton Gardens, Peterborough, PE7 8HR.
Hampton Gardens is an 11-19 free school which opened in September 2017 to an initial intake of 180 Year 7 students. When full, the school will accommodate 1200 students in years 7-11 and 300 students in Sixth Form.
Hampton Gardens is part of the Hampton Academies Trust who also run the highly successful and popular Hampton College all-through school, Hampton Lakes Primary School and Dogsthorpe Infant School. HAT schools have very close links and some shared staff.
Required for September 2023
PRIMARY CATCH-UP TEACHER
(Temporary appointment for one academic year)
We are looking to appoint an outstanding, creative and skilled Primary or SEN experienced teacher who will be able to lead on supporting our students to close identified gaps in learning and work towards national standards. Students will have timetabled lessons where the Catch-Up Teacher will work with Curriculum Leaders to plan appropriate tasks and interventions to support the progress of the students. The role will predominantly focus on Literacy and Numeracy progress but will also include other areas of the curriculum.
You will work as part of a team with Curriculum Leaders, Achievement Support and the Pastoral teams to secure outcomes for specific students and groups of students.
You will have the skills to continue to develop the curriculum for these students, providing personalised provision for individual pupils. You will be responsible for the delivery of Maths, English, Literacy and Numeracy, and therefore you will require a broad curriculum knowledge and be able to work effectively with staff within a number of curriculum areas.
What we can offer you in return:
• A fantastic working environment where students are enthusiastic and want to learn. All our Hampton schools have modern buildings and all HAT sites have light and airy classrooms, outstanding facilities and are situated at the heart of the community.
• We value our staff and recognise the importance of providing ongoing training opportunities. As a growing Trust we are also able to offer opportunities for promotion and fresh challenges as new roles arise regularly within the Trust.
• Our active Staff Wellbeing Group creates an effective channel for staff to be heard, and underpins our commitment to cultivating a supportive working environment which allows staff to flourish and achieve their full potential.
• Our extensive induction programme supports staff every step of the way, and our buddy system gives new staff a supportive and knowledgeable mentor.
• Full access to the Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme, which is designed to help staff deal with any personal or professional problems. Staff have access to free legal advice, medical information, counselling sessions, online self-help tools, factsheets and the wellbeing portal.
For further details, please visit the HAT website: http://www.hamptonacademiestrust.org.uk/jobs/
Closing date: 9.00am on Monday 12 June 2023
Please note that we reserve the right to interview and appointment prior to the closing date.
Hampton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).