Playworker – Wednesday and Thursday 3:15-6pm
Salary to be paid on the National Pay Spine
Scale 1 – £10.50 – £10.79 depending on skills and experience.
We require a playworker to join our small but enthusiastic and friendly team of Puffins staff. We are looking for someone who:
• is caring, patient and enthusiastic, with good communication skills and has high expectations.
• is able to plan with pupils and other playworkers to deliver exciting activities for all pupils who attend the out of school hours club.
• is highly motivated and keen to further raise standards.
We can offer:
• Happy, enthusiastic, keen and well behaved pupils.
• Term time only working
• A free place for a Playworker’s own children
• A friendly school community with a distinctive ethos.
• A redecorated and rejuvenated learning environment.
• A supportive school Senior Leadership team where effort, encouragement and excellence are celebrated and where professional development opportunities are provided.
Visits to our school are actively encouraged. To arrange a visit, please contact our school secretary, Miss Laura Whetlor on 01223 207382 or via firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you have any questions, we will be happy to answer them.
The closing date for applications is noon, Monday 19th June 2023 with interviews provisionally planned from 20th June.
We actively promote equality of opportunity in employment to reflect the communities we serve. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria will be offered an interview. This school is committed to safeguarding including the Prevent agenda and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this. Giving false information is an offence and could result in the application being rejected and referred to the police. Any appointment made will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check, right to work in the UK and qualifications check, satisfactory references and medical clearance. The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice and information in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.