Experienced Teaching Assistant – Leverington Primary Academy
Contract: Permanent, part-time
Hours: 32.5 hrs per week, Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break
Work Commitment: 39 weeks (term time plus training days)
Salary: Level 2 or 3 (£21,575.00 – £24,054.00 FTE depending on experience)
Start Date: 4 January 2024 or sooner if possible
Closing date: Monday 20 November 2023
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior this date
Interviews: W/c 27 November 2023 (date to be confirmed)
We are looking to appoint an inspirational, dedicated, enthusiastic, caring and experienced Teaching Assistant to join our team at Leverington Primary Academy.
We are looking for someone with recent, relevant experience who will bring enthusiasm and a commitment to children’s learning to our happy and friendly school. The ideal candidate will have a range of experience in both Key Stage 1 and 2, including working with and supporting children with additional needs.
The right candidate will need to be adaptable, enthusiastic, highly motivated and have the ability to work effectively as part of a team. They must demonstrate full commitment to the school, its ethos and the aim to raise standards.
You will assist the class teacher in the delivery of high Quality First Teaching, as well as supporting children one-to-one in the classroom and at unstructured times as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
• The ability to build good relationships with children, parents/carers and colleagues;
• Commitment to equal opportunities;
• The ability to work effectively as part of a team but also be able to use your own initiative;
• Good organisational and time-management skills;
• Patience, a positive outlook and a great sense of humour;
• Excellent communication skills, including high levels of spoken and written Standard English.
• A caring, nurturing and welcoming ethos;
• Enthusiastic and polite children;
• Collaborative approach to working within the school and across our mini-hub of 3 local primary schools – Leverington, Murrow and Gorefield;
• Opportunities to train/work with other academies within the Diamond Learning Partnership Trust to share best practice and resources;
• A friendly, experienced and professional team;
• Ongoing and individualised professional development;
• A caring and supportive working environment.
Our staff are dedicated, supportive and committed to providing creative opportunities for learning, as well as fun. We provide professional development opportunities to ensure that our staff are well trained and skilled to get the best from our pupils. Applicants must have GCSEs in Maths and English and high standards of literacy.
Leverington Primary Academy is part of the Diamond Learning Partnership Trust, a charitable multi-academy trust (MAT) specialising in the Primary and Secondary sector. We are building a thriving community of schools that succeed on behalf of their children.
The Diamond Learning Partnership Trust
C/o Winhills Primary Academy
Off Duck Lane,
If you would like to discuss the role or visit the Academy before applying, we would be delighted to welcome you. To make an appointment please contact the school office on 01945 584915 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Diamond Learning Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. Applicants are thanked for their interest in this post. Please note that only the candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.