TEACHING ASSISTANT VACANCY
30 hours per week, 5 days, 8.45am-3.15pm Fixed term for 1 year in the first instance.
Start date: September 2023
Pay Scale: Level 2 (£21,575 – £21,968 FTE) pro rata, term time only
We are looking for a skilled Teaching Assistant (Level 2) for 30 hours per week for our vibrant Primary School set on the outskirts of Cambridge.
Parents say they choose Teversham because it is a warm, caring school with a strong, inclusive ethos where everyone in the community is valued. We have a friendly, passionate staff team who are dedicated to the children. We support our staff and seek opportunities to help them develop their skills through further training.
The role will include:
• Working with individual children and groups of children giving them support to make progress in their learning.
• Working closely with the class teacher to adapt lessons and activities to meet pupil need.
• Providing support in class and at break and lunchtimes.
Desirable skills and experience:
• Experience working 1-1 with pupils with learning, social, emotional and behaviour needs.
• Experience working with a wide range of ages across the school.
• Ability to motivate and inspire pupils.
• At least grade C GCSE in both Maths and English.
• TA qualification desirable but if not, willing to do training.
The successful candidate will:
• be patient, kind and understanding and be committed to our ethos of care and support for ALL children.
• be able to learn quickly, take advice and direction, as well as be proactive and use initiative.
• be able to work well within a team, with strong communication skills and correct use of spoken English.
• be flexible and willing to support all children of different ages across the school, including at lunch times.
• be committed to supporting all children to make progress.
• be able to support the Christian ethos of the school.
• have full DBS clearance and meet all safeguarding checks.
Please ring (01223 293357) or email the office for an application pack at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also visit our school website to find out more about our lovely school. www.tevershamschool.co.uk.
We would love to meet you if you are interested, so please do arrange to visit the school to discuss the role.
Teversham Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and insists on all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, including a Barred List check where applicable to the role. Where you have been shortlisted for a role, you will be required to complete a Declaration of Offences Form, disclosing all relevant previous criminal convictions and cautions. Please contact the Head teacher to discuss this step further if you wish.
If you are shortlisted for the position you are applying for, we will carry out an online search against you, for information that is publicly available online and usually before interview.
Application forms must be completed in full. Please pay particular attention to your work history and inform us of any gaps in employment. CVs will only be accepted alongside a completed application.
We are very keen to appoint so will interview suitable candidates as soon as possible, so please apply promptly or let us know you interested.