Hampton College is an established, successful, all-through school, which formed its own multi-academy trust (Hampton Academies Trust – HAT) in 2014. The Trust is also the education provider for the neighbouring secondary school, Hampton Gardens School and Hampton Lakes Primary School, which opened in September 2019. In 2020, Dogsthorpe Infant School joined our trust. HAT schools have very close links and some shared staff.
Hampton College currently serves the community of Hampton, on the southern outskirts of the city of Peterborough and has good links to Cambridge and Stamford. Hampton Gardens School serves the neighbouring Cambridgeshire village of Yaxley, as well new housing being added to the Hampton East development, where Hampton Lakes Primary School is located.
Required as soon as possible
SENIOR ASSISTANT SITE OFFICER
We are looking for a flexible and hardworking individual who is keen to play an active role in maintaining the safety and security of the Hampton College School site. With support and guidance from the Trust Estates Manager and working collaboratively with the Hampton College Site Team, you will help to ensure that the school is well-maintained, safe and secure for all users.
You should have hands-on experience working in a similar field and will need to be adaptable and able to respond to changes in working practices, with a willingness to ‘go that extra mile’ and respond to reasonable requests that go beyond normal routine. You will possess good interpersonal skills and be able to deal confidently with staff, students, parents and visitors. You will also be flexible, adaptable and motivated.
This is a permanent position based at Hampton College working 37 hours per week (Mon-Fri), 52 weeks per year, on a rotating shift basis:
Early – 6.45am to 2.45pm
Late – 10.30am to 6.30pm
There will be a requirement for some evening work until 9.30pm when school events and meetings take place.
These hours will be reviewed annually and may change to reflect the requirements of the school. It is expected that the post-holder will take their annual leave entitlement during the school holiday periods.
Please see attached job description for further details.
Salary (Grade 6):
Full time salary (52 weeks) from £22,369 to £24,496 per annum
What we can offer you in return:
• A fantastic working environment where students are enthusiastic and want to learn. All our Hampton schools have modern buildings and all HAT sites have light and airy classrooms, outstanding facilities and are situated at the heart of the community.
• We value our staff and recognise the importance of providing ongoing training opportunities. As a growing Trust, we are also able to offer opportunities for promotion and fresh challenges as new roles arise regularly within the Trust.
• Our active Staff Wellbeing Group creates an effective channel for staff to be heard, and underpins our commitment to cultivating a supportive working environment which allows staff to flourish and achieve their full potential.
• Our extensive induction programme supports staff every step of the way, and our buddy system gives new staff a supportive and knowledgeable mentor.
• Full access to the Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme, which is designed to help staff deal with any personal or professional problems. Staff have access to free legal advice, medical information, counselling sessions, online self-help tools, factsheets and the wellbeing portal.
For further details, please visit the HAT website: http://www.hamptonacademiestrust.org.uk/jobs/
Closing date: 9:00am on Friday 2 June 2023
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
Hampton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).