Class Teacher/SENDCo with SEN Allowance (Part Time 0.60)
Start date: September 2023 or sooner
Benwick Primary School is seeking to appoint a teaching SENDCo to join our friendly, supportive and dedicated team. This is an ideal role for an outstanding teacher with a passion for SEN who is ready to play a significant leadership role in our school.
Benwick Primary School is set in idyllic Fenland countryside within easy driving distance to Peterborough and the towns of March, Chatteris, Ramsey, Ely and Huntingdon.
We are a small school of just under 100 pupils, taught across 4 classes, with a family ethos.
Our new SENCo will have:
* Significant SEN experience with National Award for SEN Co-ordination, or a
willingness to complete it within 3 years of appointment
* Resilience, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour
* The ability to establish and maintain good communication with pupils,
parents, staff and governors
* High expectations of themselves, colleagues and pupils
* Excellent classroom practice with high expectations of achievement and
behaviour for all pupils
* A proven track record in improving standards in the quality of education
across the whole school
* Energy and commitment to all aspects of school life
* High standards of professionalism and personal integrity
* The expertise to maintain a highly effective culture of safeguarding across
We can offer:
A supportive school community of governors and families
A warm and welcoming ethos with a friendly and supportive staff team
The opportunity to work in strategic partnership with the Headteacher, SLT and Governing Body
A strong commitment to your continuing professional development and personal well-being
Collaborative opportunities with local schools
This post will include a 0.4 class-based role, across Key Stage 2, with further release time as required to fulfil the role.
Benwick Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and young people and all post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS, social media check and references. Please note that we may call candidates to interview before the closing date, so if you’re interested get in touch today!
We strongly encourage school visits, so please contact our school office on 01354 677266 or by email to book a tour and informal chat about the school and this post with our Headteacher.
Applications pack can be downloaded on our website: www.benwick.cambs.sch.uk