We are looking to recruit a Midday Supervisor at our Mead End site. The appointed person will be responsible, during the lunchtime break, for the safety, general welfare and proper conduct of children.
Main duties/responsibilities to include:
● The supervision of children during the lunchtime break.
● Ensuring all Safeguarding procedures are followed.
● The supervision of the children's entry into the dining room.
● Assisting children where necessary to carry trays to table and to return empty dishes to service counter
● Assisting children who are unwell and summoning any assistance needed to deal with injuries or illness.
● Supervision of children in the playground or other area of the school as required, dealing with any incidents of inappropriate behaviour in line with the school’s Rewards and Sanctions Policy.
● Have a commitment to the importance of play.
● Organising play/games as appropriate.
● Are prepared to work inside and outside in all weather conditions.
● Have a good understanding and commitment to Equality, Diversity and the principles of inclusion.
● Can develop, lead and work as part of a dynamic and committed team.
Hours: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, term time only, 1 hour 50 minutes per day between 12.40pm – 2:30pm (5.5 hours per week)
Salary: Fixed Term contract until August 2024 – 1D Point 2 – £10.60 per hour
Closing Date: Sunday 4th June, 2023
For further information, or to apply, please contact us at email@example.com call 01767 660 515 or complete the application form on our website www.biggleswadeacademy.org
Biggleswade Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS (Disclosure Barring Service). In line with Keeping Children safe in Education 2022, online searches will be undertaken for all prospective shortlisted candidates.
We reserve the right to appoint before the closing date.