The Academy is looking to recruit an Assistant Cook/Kitchen hand to support our Kitchen Manager and to join the hardworking team. The successful candidate will work effectively in a busy and hectic environment, be a team player, have an outgoing personality and be able cook as required.
Key duties include:
• Maintaining hygiene procedures and Health and Safety standards in both the kitchen and dining areas.
• Assisting with the preparation, cooking and serving of food, ensuring a friendly customer service approach.
• To work with the Assistant Kitchen Manager / Cook in preparing, cooking and serving food ensuring a friendly customer service approach.
• To be willing to undergo training in order to operate the Academies cashless systems.
• Ensure that hygiene procedures and health and safety standards are maintained in both the kitchen and dining areas.
• Support the Assistant Kitchen Manager / Cook –
o In preparing reports for the catering account, using Excel spreadsheets and utilising bespoke systems.
o With maintaining accurate records of food supplies and freezer/fridge temperatures.
o To manage stock rotation and maintaining the storeroom is kept tidy and organised.
• IT literate and understanding of cashless/EPOS systems.
• Ensure that ‘deep cleaning’ activities are carried out to Academy standards on three designated non pupil attendance days.
Hours: 25 hours per week (9am to 2pm, Monday – Friday) – term time only (to include 3 INSED days and 1 evening per annum).
Salary: NJC Level 2A point 3. Fixed Term Contract until 31st August, 2024.
Closing Date: Sunday 2nd July, 2023
Interviews: W/C Monday 3rd July, 2023
For further information, or to apply, please contact us at email@example.com , visit www.biggleswadeacademy.org or call 01767 660 515.
We reserve the right to appoint before the closing date.
Biggleswade Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS (Disclosure Barring Service). In line with Keeping Children safe in Education 2022, online searches will be undertaken for all prospective shortlisted candidates.