Deputy Head Teacher required for Spring Common Academy
ASAP. (Pay Spine L16-L20)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an inspirational and dynamic individual to help lead and develop our ‘Outstanding’ school Spring Common Academy with Horizons Education Trust. We are looking for a skilled and motivated professional, with a passion for improving the life chances and opportunities of children and young people with SEND, to join us ASAP.
This post is suitable for an aspiring leader looking for the next step in their career.
Spring Common Academy is a friendly and welcoming school for pupils aged 3-19 with an increasingly complex range of learning difficulties associated with Autism, communication and interaction, physical disabilities and medical needs. It is a very large special school with 209 pupils from Huntingdon and the surrounding area of Cambridgeshire and is part of Horizons Education Trust. It is permanently in demand for places and is well thought of within the area and region due to outward facing work and collaboration.
• have the abilities to help lead an 'Outstanding' special school (last 2 inspections) and continue its journey;
• have strong leadership and management skills as an existing leader.
• have the ability to further develop a clear vision of continued excellence with the current leadership team, staff, parents and Trustees;
• are committed to working with the other special schools in the MAT for Horizons Education Trust and working with our supportive Trustees to develop a centre of excellence.
We can offer you:
• a friendly warm and welcoming first name school;
• a supportive, experienced and motivated Trust Team;
• a school where all staff will always be valued, secure and have a strong sense of commitment and belonging;
• a supportive induction period working alongside the CEO and senior leaders in the Trust;
• Opportunities to work strategically to develop your leadership skills, within an expanding Trust and use your school improvement skills to support new schools;
• Opportunities to take the lead on trust – wide initiatives for the benefit of the Trust to grow capacity across multiple sites and to build succession readiness of talented staff.
• Opportunities to work locally and regionally to develop the work of the school to develop the curriculum and preparation for adulthood.
• Relocation package can be negotiated to support expenses for removals to move into the area. To be discussed at interview.
For full information about the school and the trust please visit the trust website:
As a Trust we are committed to ensuring the welfare and safeguarding of all pupils. All staff will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Closing date: 12noon Friday 24 November 2023
Interview dates: TBC
Some items may be held via Teams prior to interview.
An application pack is available on our website.
For further information, please contact Jon Panther, Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org