Hampton Gardens School
Hartland Avenue, Hampton Gardens, Peterborough, PE7 8HR.
Hampton Gardens is an inclusive school which is proud to serve the local community of Hampton, Yaxley and Cambridgeshire. The school serves just under 1200 students, offering 210 places in each year group and 300 places for Post16 students.
Hampton Gardens is part of the Hampton Academies Trust who also run the highly successful and popular Hampton College all-through school, Hampton Lakes Primary School and Dogsthorpe Infant School. HAT schools have very close links and some shared staff.
Required from January 2024
Teacher of Drama
We are looking for an imaginative and enthusiastic Teacher of Drama. This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding teacher to join an innovative and caring school. This would be a fantastic role for either an experienced teacher or an ECT who is looking to start their career in a well-established department. The ability to teach performing arts would be advantageous and provide the candidate with further exciting opportunities to work with students across key stages.
You will have a passion for working with young people and you will relish the satisfaction that comes from helping them to develop and to learn. The successful candidate will, of course, be an important part of the department and can expect the support needed to develop their career further but will also be expected to:
• Possess the ability to inspire and motivate and have a passion for teaching and learning.
• Have consistently high expectations with the drive to help all students achieve their full potential.
• Be an exceptional team player who enjoys supporting and working collaboratively with others.
• Have the skill to form positive relationships for learning with all staff, students and parents.
• Share our vision to deliver outstanding education for children and young adults and the commitment to make a difference to outcomes and achievements of all our students.
What we can offer you in return:
• A fantastic working environment where students are enthusiastic and want to learn. All our Hampton schools have modern buildings, with light and airy classrooms, outstanding facilities and are situated at the heart of the community.
• We value our staff and recognise the importance of providing ongoing training opportunities. As a growing Trust we are also able to offer opportunities for promotion and fresh challenges as new roles arise regularly.
• Our extensive induction programme supports staff every step of the way.
• Full access to the Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help staff deal with any personal or professional problems. Staff have access to free legal advice, medical information, counselling sessions, online self-help tools, factsheets and the wellbeing portal.
• Discounted local gym membership.
• Our active Staff Wellbeing Group creates an effective channel for staff to be heard, and underpins our commitment to cultivating a supportive working environment which allows staff to flourish and achieve their full potential.
For further details please visit the HAT website: http://www.hamptonacademiestrust.org.uk/jobs/
Visits to the school before the application deadline are welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the HR department via email@example.com
Closing date: 9.00am on Thursday 4 January 2024.
Planned interview date: Wednesday 10 January 2024.
Please note that we reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
Hampton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).