Required for Easter 2023
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to Enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment history references.
We are in search of an enthusiastic Science Instructor who is not only passionate about science, but also has a genuine interest in working with young minds. This position is ideal for a recent graduate who is considering a career in teaching and wants to make a positive impact on the lives of students by instilling a love for science.
As a Science Instructor at Sir Harry Smith School, you will play a crucial role in igniting the curiosity of our students and instilling a deep appreciation for the scientific method. We are particularly interested in candidates who have a genuine passion for science and a strong desire to work with young people.
The successful candidates will have:
• Develop and deliver engaging science lessons that align with the curriculum.
• Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that encourages student participation and critical thinking.
• Utilize innovative teaching methods to make science concepts come alive for students.
• Provide guidance and support to students in their scientific inquiries and projects.
• Collaborate with colleagues to enhance the overall educational experience.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant scientific field (recent graduates are encouraged to apply).
• Strong knowledge of the subject matter and a passion for sharing that knowledge with students.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to inspire and motivate students in the pursuit of scientific understanding.
• Demonstrated commitment to professional development and a keen interest in pursuing a career in teaching.
• Prior experience working with students in an educational setting.
• Familiarity with inquiry-based learning approaches.
• Enthusiasm for incorporating real-world applications of science into the curriculum.
• Ambition to pursue a career in teaching.
Sir Harry Smith Community College is an 11-18 Academy, proud of its traditional values and innovative approaches to Teaching and Learning and its standards of discipline and respect. It is a calm and safe place, where staff and students work hard, achieve a great deal, and enjoy excellent working relationships. The College serves the market town of Whittlesey, seven miles outside of Peterborough in Cambridgeshire. The College is part of the Aspire Learning Trust working together with Park Lane and New Road Primary Schools, also in Whittlesey, to help every child achieve their full potential, to prepare them for their next educational steps, to teach them kindness and respect for all and to equip them to play a full satisfying role in society.
In October 2018, Ofsted recognised that Sir Harry Smith Community College continues to be a Good school. They also acknowledged that we are “A vibrant, welcoming and caring school, in which pupils enjoy their learning and feel valued.”
If you would like an information pack, please visit our website www.sirharrysmith.cambs.sch.uk For more information or an informal discussion about the role, please contact Mr T Holland, Curriculum Manager at Tholland@sirharrysmith.com
Application deadline is midday, Monday 11th December 2022. Please send completed application forms, together with a short letter of introduction to: firstname.lastname@example.org (We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date if we consider that we have received an appropriate number of suitable candidates for the post).
Applicants are thanked for their interest in Sir Harry Smith Community College. Please note that only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted after the closing date.