Contract: Full time, Permanent
Salary: Pathway 3 Point 9- 13, £20,982 – £22,447 per annum (FTE £25,119 – £26,873)
Hours: 36.25 hours per week, Monday- Friday 8:15am – 4:00pm, 39 weeks PA (Term time plus 1 week)
Site: Gladstone Primary Academy
Closing date: 9th January 2024
Start Date – ASAP
Please note the trust may decide to withdraw the advert before the closing date or interview suitable candidates prior to the advert closing.
TD Education Trust is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a newly formed multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
Gladstone Primary Academy are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to further strengthen our team in our Explorers Provision (experience of EYFS and working with children with SEND, desirable).
As a Teaching Assistant within this team, you will support the progress of students with additional learning needs, their intimate care, and physical needs, whilst delivering a highly differentiated and bespoke curriculum. Children within this provision have a wide range of needs and require understanding, patience, and enthusiasm to ensure their progress. We use a variety of communication tools such as PECS, objects of reference, signing and guiding by the hand, therefore some experience of using these methods would be desirable.
You will be required to support the organisation of the learning environment, develop classroom resources, as well as monitor and track the children’s progress. You will also be required to provide feedback to assist in developing strategies for individual students.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people (e.g. students, staff, parents). This is particularly important working so closely with our Explorer children.
· Have knowledge of child development and the ways in which students learn
· Have ability to assist students on a 1:1, 1:2 and small group basis.
· Have experience of working with children
· Have knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding/how to keep children safe
Experience of EYFS and SEND desirable.
The Trust offers:
· excellent salary package.
· fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
· opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
· use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
· Local Government pension scheme.
· An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
· An inclusive and collaborative approach.
· A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
· An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you have any questions regarding this post please contact the HR Team on e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please use the following link –