Attendance Officer (Hampton College Secondary Phase)
Eagle Way, Hampton Vale, Peterborough, PE7 8BF
Hampton College is an established, successful, all-through school, which formed its own multi-academy trust (Hampton Academies Trust – HAT) in 2014. The Trust is also the education provider for the neighbouring secondary school, Hampton Gardens School and Hampton Lakes Primary School, which opened in September 2019. In 2020, Dogsthorpe Infant School joined our trust. HAT schools have very close links and some shared staff.
Hampton College currently serves the community of Hampton, on the southern outskirts of the city of Peterborough and has good links to Cambridge and Stamford. Hampton Gardens School serves the neighbouring Cambridgeshire village of Yaxley, as well new housing being added to the Hampton East development, where Hampton Lakes Primary School is located.
Required as soon as possible
We are currently offering a fantastic opportunity for a hardworking individual to play a pivotal role in raising achievement by raising school attendance at Hampton College Secondary Phase. You will ensure all efforts are made to remove barriers to attendance and encourage a positive and independent attitude to learning.
The position involves working closely with families and students so we are looking for an individual with robust communication skills, excellent negotiating skills to gain the confidence of students, parents and staff and a strong ability to build and maintain relationships.
Please see attached job description for further details.
Hours of Work
36.25 hours per week, term time only plus 5 days
8.00am – 4.00pm Mon – Fri (with a 45 minute unpaid break)
Grade 8 – £29,777 – £33,024 (based on 37 hours / 52 weeks)
Actual Salary – £24,981 – £27,705 per annum (based on 36.25 hours / Term Time + 5 days)
What we can offer you in return:
• A fantastic working environment where students are enthusiastic and want to learn. All our Hampton schools have modern buildings, and all HAT sites have light and airy classrooms, outstanding facilities and are situated at the heart of the community.
• We value our staff and recognise the importance of providing ongoing training opportunities. As a growing Trust we are also able to offer opportunities for promotion and fresh challenges as new roles arise regularly within the Trust.
• Our active Staff Wellbeing Group creates an effective channel for staff to be heard, and underpins our commitment to cultivating a supportive working environment which allows staff to flourish and achieve their full potential.
• Our extensive induction programme supports staff every step of the way, and our buddy system gives new staff a supportive and knowledgeable mentor.
• Full access to the Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme, which is designed to help staff deal with any personal or professional problems. Staff have access to free legal advice, medical information, counselling sessions, online self-help tools, factsheets and the wellbeing portal.
For further details on this position please visit our website:-