Hampton Gardens School
Hartland Avenue, Hampton Gardens, Peterborough, PE7 8HR.
Hampton Gardens is an 11-19 free school which opened in September 2017 to an initial intake of 180 Year 7 students. When full, the school will accommodate 1200 students in years 7-11 and 300 students in Sixth Form.
Hampton Gardens is part of the Hampton Academies Trust who also run the highly successful and popular Hampton College all-through school, Hampton Lakes Primary School and Dogsthorpe Infant School. HAT schools have very close links and some shared staff.
Required from January 2024
Art & Textiles Technician
We are looking to appoint a permanent Art & Textiles Technician whose time will be split between supporting within the Art and Technology (Textiles) Departments.
As this is a split role, we are looking for a creative individual who has an interest in both areas and can bring some skills and knowledge to the role, however full training will be given. You will need to be able to work flexibly with the ability to multitask and prioritise often competing deadlines.
The role will involve preparing resources for classrooms, maintaining equipment and making sure that specialist areas are cleared and clean. The position is a busy and varied one. Skills and experience in textiles and art would be an advantage. You will be an organised, adaptable and enthusiastic individual who is keen to play an active role in supporting the efficiency and effectiveness of the day to day running of the Art and Technology Departments
Up to 32.5 hours per week, plus a daily unpaid break, term time only (190 days per year). Hours of work are flexible and can be negotiated with the successful candidate, taking the school day timings into consideration.
Full-time salary (52 weeks) From: £22,737 to: £23,500
Term-time salary (32.5 hrs p/w) From: £16,664 to: £17,223
What we can offer you in return:
• A fantastic working environment where students are enthusiastic and want to learn. All our schools have modern buildings, with light and airy classrooms, outstanding facilities and are situated at the heart of the community.
• We value our staff and recognise the importance of providing ongoing training opportunities. As a growing Trust we are also able to offer opportunities for promotion and fresh challenges as new roles arise regularly.
• Our extensive induction programme supports staff every step of the way.
• Full access to the Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help staff deal with any personal or professional problems. Staff have access to free legal advice, medical information, counselling sessions, online self-help tools, factsheets and the wellbeing portal.
• Discounted local gym membership.
• Our active Staff Wellbeing Group creates an effective channel for staff to be heard, and underpins our commitment to cultivating a supportive working environment which allows staff to flourish and achieve their full potential.
For further details please visit the HAT website: http://www.hamptonacademiestrust.org.uk/jobs/
Visits to the school before the application deadline are welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the HR department via email@example.com
Closing date: 9.00am on Wednesday 10 January 2024.
Please note that we reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
Hampton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).