Who is Responsible for the Single Central Record?

It is a statutory requirement for Schools and Colleges, including Academies, Free and Independent Schools, to keep a Single Central Record (also known as an SCR). In the Regulations, this is referred to as ‘The Register’. The SCR must cover the following people: all employees (including supply staff and teacher trainees on salaried routes who work at the School), any volunteer who you carry out checks for, and any agency and third party staff. For Independent Schools, this also includes members of the proprietor body and, in the case of Academies and Free Schools, members of the Academy Trust.